1. Act “As If”: I love the quote “Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.” Looking to spiritually succeed today? Act “as if” your goals are right in front of you ready to be taken. Do the work that is needed to be done to take you one step closer to the finish line. Act “as if” the prayers you have been requesting are already answered and move to the solutions God has revealed to you. Act “as if” the thing you are most afraid of has already been handled. Remember, God is in control. He is looking for you to take steps of obedience as He continues to move on our behalf.
2. Stop Wasting Effort on Thing You Can’t Control: Why in the world we waste so much energy on things we can’t control has always been a mystery to me. Troublesome people, politics, family, friends, jobs, etc. We worry about the craziest things! It completely drains us emotionally, spiritually and mentally. We must never forget that what we can’t control, God can. Take what’s grinding you to the Lord, pray that His hand would move in ways you cannot and move on!
3. Learn From Mistakes: There’s a part in “The Lion King” where this crazy painted monkey hits a troubled little lion in the head with a stick. It’s hilarious. The lion says to the monkey, “what did you do that for?” The monkey replies, “It doesn’t matter, it’s in the past!” HAHA! The lion says after the blow… “It still hurts though…” Amen little lion! The past does hurt. However… it’s in the past! While the past can hurt, it’s valuable. We learn from our mistakes as well as the mistakes of others. Steven Swift says, “When something bad happens to you, see it as an opportunity to learn something you didn’t know. When another person makes a mistake, don’t just learn from it — see it as an opportunity to be kind, forgiving, and understanding. The past is just training; it doesn’t define you. Think about what went wrong but only in terms of how you will make sure that next time you and the people around you know how to make sure it goes right.”
4. Celebrate Others Success: For the longest time I wanted to be the only “winner”. What a joke. There is so much success to go around! Jesus spent three years making sure His disciples would shine as lights for him. He equipped them to be successful, celebrating when they did great things. The disciples learned from this and in turn gave others the opportunity to shine as well. Is there someone in your life that is doing a good job? Tell them! It’s amazing how so many people seem to fail to get applause for doing the right thing but get railed for making mistakes. Go out and encourage someone today that is doing a great work! Celebrate success, even when it’s not yours!
5. Stop Whining: When my daughters whine it’s like nails on a chalkboard… amen? When faced with an issue instead of spending time and energy complaining about it, put that energy into finding a solution. I love the quote, “Less talk, more walk!” The Bible has so many solutions to our everyday issues. Study and put into practice those truths!
6. Count Your Blessings: God has been so good to us! Take a moment right now and think about all the Lord has done in your life. From His everyday provision like food and water to the life changing work and offering of salvation on the cross. Jesus cares about you so much! He loves you with a never ending love and has blessed you in abundance. Take time today to count your blessings and praise the Lord for His mighty work!